Cruise Travel Insurance Policy with Get Going
A cruise is defined as a voyage that lasts longer than 72 hours, sailing on sea/s or oceans and including stops at various points. If you are jumping on a 30 minute ferry from Dover to Calais, you won’t need the cruise extension. For any voyage over 72 hours you should purchase the cruise travel insurance extension; this extends your policy to provide cover while you are on your cruise.
Of course all of our extension options are available to all family groups, couples and individual travellers and as always, there are 3 levels of cover available: Basic, Standard and Premier – don’t forget that premier insurance includes your gadget extension as standard, which is always worth considering.
The extra bits that the Cruise travel insurance extension will provide you with:
- Up to £300 per person, in the event of cabin confinement
- As much as £500 of cover available for any missed pre-paid shore excursions – due to accident or illness.
- Up to £500 available for missed ports due to cruise itinerary changes that are beyond your control.
- Emergency medical expenses up to £10,000,000
- 1,000s of medical conditions are considered and covered including but not limited to: HIV, Asthma, Depression, Coronary Angioplasty, High Blood Pressure and Cancer.
- Doctor-led medical advice from the appointed Emergency Assistance Team
- All policies extended in the event that a policy holder is deemed unfit for travel home
- Cover is provided for loss or theft of Cash
- Loss or theft of passport
- Personal liability
- Possessions & Personal Effects including formal cruise attire
- Over 80 sporting activities are covered in the policy as standard
- Discounts for couples, families and single parent families
- Full cover for declared and accepted medical conditions
*Please note: the sums insured may vary from policy to policy
This is far from a full breakdown of everything that your policy will include, for a full account of our travel insurance policies please see the policy wordings or speak with one of our advisors, who will be absolutely happy to help.
For further information choose to Get Quote or contact us with any questions.