As restrictions are slowly being lifted, select holiday destinations have been given the seal of approval by the UK Government. This means it’s time to get that well-deserved trip booked and have something to look forward it.
If you’re going away, it’s important that you take out travel insurance which includes coronavirus cover. At Get Going we want to protect you and your trip, so we’ve done just that. We have outlined below, exactly what we cover as well as answering some of the most common questions we’ve had in relation to coronavirus and travel insurance.
What does our Coronavirus cover include?
Also, on Standard and Premier Single and Multi-Trip policies, we provide cancellation cover in the event that you need to self-isolate as a result of Track & Trace notification.
All of our customers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover for cancellation if you are made redundant after you booked your trip
- Single Trip and Multi-Trip policies available
- Emergency Medical cover up to £10m including cover for COVID-19
- Discounts for Couples
- Access to a UK based GP at all times whilst abroad
Frequently Asked Questions
What Countries can I travel to?
The FCO has recently released their list of countries which us Brits are now allowed to travel to without exemption.
They have also provided the list of countries which will not require any self-isolation upon return to England as of 10th July. This has been made possible thanks to travel corridor exemption agreements between countries.
What about any changes in relation to Travel?
It is important to note that our travel insurance policies will only be valid if the FCO has marked your destination country as safe to travel. Before booking your holiday and travel insurance it is recommended that you check the latest FCO advice to ensure that your destination is safe to travel.
Other changes to travel will involve travellers providing their journey and contact details 48 hours before arriving back to the UK.
Coronavirus Travel Top Tips
As the situation is ever-changing, here are our top tips include:
- Keep up to date with the latest travel news in relation to your holiday destination.
- Read the government guidance on safer air travel.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance when you book your flights or accommodation.
- Keep up to date with the FCO’s advice surrounding your chosen destination
- Adhere to social distancing and hygiene protection methods.
- Wear facial protection on airlines.
Question wasn’t answered? Check out our coronavirus FAQ!