In today’s travel climate, we get that you might be a little nervous about booking your trip. To allow you to sit back and enjoy your well-deserved break, it’s essential you buy a policy that covers you for coronavirus-related claims at the same time that you book your trip to protect not only you, your trip but your money too.
What does our Coronavirus cover include?
If you need more details, please check your policy wording for more information.
The benefits of our Coronavirus cover:
- Cover for cancellation if you are made redundant due to coronavirus after you booked your trip
- A range of policies and cover levels available, so you can choose the one which best suits your trip and budget
- Emergency Medical cover up to £10m
- Medical cover (including repatriation if medically necessary) if you contract coronavirus whilst on your trip
- 24/7 emergency medical helpline
- Free access to our customer area where you can view, amend and edit your quotes
If you have purchased our specialist COVID-19 optional extension, you will have additional coronavirus cover for:
- Cancellation within 14 days of the start of your trip, if you, a travelling companion or the person you’re staying with are required to self-isolate due to COVID-19
- If you are required to produce a negative COVID-19 test result before exiting the UK and the result is delayed causing you to miss your departure
- Missed departure on your return journey if you miss your pre-booked transportation whilst abroad because you, a travelling companion or a person that you are staying with test positive for COVID-19 and this necessitates your self-isolation as mandated
- Missed departure on your return journey if the hotel you have pre-booked to stay in is put in compulsory quarantine by medical practitioner or government body due to COVID-19
- Cover for mandatory quarantine accommodation in the event that the UK Government unexpectedly changes the COVID-19 quarantine requirements applying to your destination, impacting your entry back into the UK
- Extended cover for medical expenses and repatriation for a diagnosis of COVID-19 provided that are travelling against the advice of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and they advise against all but essential travel to your planned destination due to the coronavirus outbreak, and you have travelled against the advisory. This does not apply to countries on the UK government’s Red List.
Speak to a member of our team.
Having trouble finding what you are looking for?
Please click on the button below to speak to a member of our experienced and empathetic Customer Service team via Live Chat.
Which Countries can I travel to?
The FCDO has recently marked the vast majority of countries around the world as ‘safe’ for travellers to visit. Your destination of choice may have specific entry restrictions and requirements though, so it is really important to check the FCDO’s advice before travelling.
What about any changes in relation to Travel?
For up to date information on travelling to and from the UK following the pandemic, please visit the FCDO’s website for full details.
Coronavirus Travel Top Tips
As the situation is ever-changing, here are our top tips include:
- Keep up to date with the latest travel news in relation to your holiday destination.
- Read the government guidance on safer air travel.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance when you book your flights or accommodation.
- Keep up to date with the FCO’s advice surrounding your chosen destination
- Adhere to social distancing and hygiene protection methods.
- Wear facial protection on airlines.
Question wasn’t answered? Check out our Coronavirus FAQ!