We know that 2020 has been a hard year for everyone, and now more than ever we all need a holiday. To ensure you can travel with true peace of mind, we have outlined the travel insurance protection we offer below in relation to Coronavirus.
All of our policies will provide cover for emergency medical treatment including repatriation as a result of you or anyone named on your policy contracting COVID-19 whilst on your trip.
As of the 27th August 2020, Get Going Premier single and multi-trip policies will provide enhanced cover for Coronavirus. As of 19th October 2020 Get Going Diamond and Staycation Plus single and multi-trip policies also provide enhanced cover for Coronavirus.
What does our Coronavirus cover include?
- Available on Get Going Premier, Diamond and Staycation Plus Single Trip and Multi-Trip policies only.
- Cover for trip cancellation if you or anyone named on the policy test positive for Coronavirus up to 14 days prior to travelling.
- Protection if your airline goes into administration due to the pandemic.
- Denied boarding cover if you or anyone named on the policy is prevented entry at the airport on your inbound flight due to showing symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Reimbursement on any pre-booked excursions or events which you cannot recover from any other source.
All of our customers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Cover for cancellation if you are made redundant after you booked your trip
- Single Trip and Multi-Trip policies available
- Emergency Medical cover up to £10m including cover for COVID-19
- Discounts for Couples
- Access to a UK based GP at all times whilst abroad
What Countries can I travel to?
The FCO has recently released their list of countries which us Brits are now allowed to travel to without exemption.
They have also provided the list of countries which will not require any self-isolation upon return to England as of 10th July. This has been made possible thanks to travel corridor exemption agreements between countries.
What about any changes in relation to Travel?
It is important to note that our travel insurance policies will only be valid if the FCO has marked your destination country as safe to travel. Before booking your holiday and travel insurance it is recommended that you check the latest FCO advice to ensure that your destination is safe to travel.
Other changes to travel will involve travellers providing their journey and contact details 48 hours before arriving back to the UK.
Coronavirus Travel Top Tips
As the situation is ever-changing, here are our top tips include:
- Keep up to date with the latest travel news in relation to your holiday destination.
- Read the government guidance on safer air travel.
- We recommend purchasing travel insurance when you book your flights or accommodation.
- Keep up to date with the FCO’s advice surrounding your chosen destination
- Adhere to social distancing and hygiene protection methods.
- Wear facial protection on airlines.