Finding affordable travel insurance after a stroke can be daunting, but we’re here to help. There are over 1.2 million stroke survivors in the UK and more than 100,000 strokes happen every year – our aim is to make purchasing stroke travel insurance the easiest part of your trip.
What cover levels are available on travel insurance for stroke victims?
We pride ourselves on being medical travel insurance specialists. Cover for medical conditions is available on all of our policy types and we provide 100’s of policies for stroke victims each year. Cover levels includes:
Up to £10,000,000 in case of medical emergency
- If you need emergency medical attention
- Including public hospital benefit
- Emergency replacement or prescription medication
- Mobile and disability equipment
As well as:
- Up to £5,000 cancellation and curtailment cover
- Cover for both outbound departure and connection
- Up to £2,000 for lost, stolen or damaged possessions
- Cover for loss and theft of cash and passport
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
- Depending on the cover level chosen
Why Choose Get Going?
10,000 medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
91%* of customers would recommend to a friend
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Safe travel after a stroke
Experiencing a stroke is a difficult time for both you and your wider family. When you’re getting everything back on track, even if you’ve been left with mobility problems, you should be able to get away and have a holiday. There are plenty of tour operators that will specialise in offering a tailored package and it will be worth spending some time researching the right trip for you.
Once you have a holiday in mind, you need to get an adequate travel insurance policy. Run through our relatively non-invasive screening process to get your quick quote. We won’t ever share your information with third party companies and your screening is entirely confidential.
Before you travel, take the time to save the emergency assistance number in your phone and if you’re travelling with someone, in their phone too.
If you are travelling with medication, always keep these in your hand luggage. Make sure that any medication is labelled accurately and has your full name on it.
There are a number of things you can do travel safe after a stroke. Importantly, you should always consult your GP before travelling, they will be able to Offer you advice specific to your circumstances.
Top tips for travelling with a medical condition
- Always keep your medication in your hand luggage and in it’s original packaging. It may also be wise to carry an original copy of your prescription, just in case.
- Always consult your GP before travelling – they may have some advice you wouldn’t even think of!
- Before travelling make sure you have our emergency assistance number saved in your phone and written down.
- Also note down the details of our GP service, just in case you need to seek advice whilst abroad.
We offer up to £10,000,000 in case of any medical emergency you could face. This includes medical attention, emergency replacement of prescription medication, plus mobile and disability equipment.
We understand that whether you, a family member or close friend experiences a stroke, going away can feel more daunting, but we’re here to provide specialist cover so you have nothing to worry about.
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
“Hi , I’m writing to let you know just how lovely your staff are. I had to phone yet again to alter my travel insurance due to the Corona virus, I spoke to a young lady called Monica this m...
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...