Longstay travel insurance or extended travel insurance is available to travellers aged 55 years and below (anyone under the age of 17 must be travelling with someone aged 18 or over). You must select the duration of your trip during the quote but you can always call us to extend up to a maximum of 558 days. You’ll be covered to travel to multiple destinations, within your chosen geographical area, and can call to change to a different geographical area.
As with all Get Going policies, all medical conditions are considered – being away from home for an extended period of time makes medical security a must, so be sure to declare any conditions upon purchase.
The benefits of our longstay travel insurance
- Enjoy the security of up to £1,250 cancellation and curtailment cover
- All medical conditions are considered and 1,000s are covered
- Up to £5,000,000 available in case of a medical emergency
- 24-hour emergency assistance team and doctor-led medical advice
Long stay insurance is available under any of our territorial limits including:
- United Kingdom & Isle of Man
- Europe Excluding Spain
- Europe Including Spain
- Worldwide Excluding USA, the Caribbean and Canada
- Worldwide Including USA, the Caribbean and Canada
Take your time to consider your policy during our 14 day cooling off period, and if you wish to cancel within this time, you’ll receive a full refund
What is covered by our Longstay travel insurance?
Longstay insurance with Get Going aims to keep you travelling without having to think about the ‘What ifs’. We provide all of the essentials and few extra cover levels, just for good measure.
- Cancellation cover is available up to the maximum stated in the policy and is accessible from the day of purchase
- Cover for delayed and missed departure
- Up to as £5,000,000 cover in the event of a medical emergency
- £150 of cover available to cater for the loss or theft of cash
- £150 of cover available to cater for the loss or theft of your passport
- Up to £2,000,000 available to cater for personal liability
- Up to as £10,000 for personal accident
- Up to £15,000 to cover for legal advice
- A maximum of £500 cover available in the event that you are unable to use your pre-booked accommodation
Your policy wording will provide more detail on the specifics of your cover. Always make sure you read your policy wording thoroughly before you travel.
Our longstay travel insurance policies cover over 80 activities as standard. If you are planning an actiity while you’re away, remember to check your policy wording and ensure you have the correct cover. If your chosen activity is not covered as standard, do a quick search on our Activity Pack page, to find the correct pack for you.
Why Choose Get Going?
10,000 medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
Up to £5,000 cancellation cover per person
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
What our customers say
Mr PhillipsMr Phillips
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
Mr ReeceMr Reece
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
Mrs TullockMrs Tullock
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
Mrs ArlettMrs Arlett
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Mr and Mrs HudsonMr and Mrs Hudson
“I would just like to say the service we received with our travel insurance was excellent everything came through very quickly and a lovely email when we got back we will certainly use your s...