Roughly 10% of the population are living with heart and circulatory disease in the UK. That’s around 7 million people! We pride ourselves on being specialist medical travel insurance providers, so providing travel insurance for common and stable heart conditions is an absolute must for us.
What cover is available when taking out a heart condition travel insurance policy?
All of our policies are specifically designed to provide affordable travel insurance policies that offer excellent cover levels. If you take out a travel insurance heart condition policy with Get Going, you can expect to see cover levels that include:
Up to £10,000,000 medical cover, including:
- Public hospital benefit
- Mobile and disability equipment replacement
- Emergency replacement of prescription medication
- If you need emergency medical attention
As well as:
- Up to £5,000 Cover for cancellation and curtailment
- Cover for outbound departure and connection
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
- Up to £2,000 for lost, stolen or damaged possessions
- Up to £250 cover for loss or theft of cash and passport
How to get Travel insurance after heart attack
If you need travel insurance after a heart attack, you can run a quote using our relatively quick and easy medical screening process. Travel insurance after a heart attack is available and we supply 100s of policies each year.
Every person’s medical history is unique and we will always do the best we can to provide cover, it is vital that you screen your medical history accurately, to ensure that your claim is not denied if you run into an emergency while away.
Why Choose Get Going?
10,000 medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
Up to £5,000 cancellation cover per person
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Physical holidays with travel insurance for people with heart conditions
If you have a heart condition, a daily physical activity could be very beneficial for you. It is thought that a little physical activity can actually help reduce the risk of a repeat heart attack or worsening heart problems – it can even help you recover.
It is important that you consult your GP before signing up for days of adventure BUT if you decide you want to incorporate some adventure or physical activity into your holiday, all of our travel insurance policies for people with heart conditions are customisable, and you have the option of adding one or multiple extensions and activity packs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
Mr PhillipsMr Phillips
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
Mr ReeceMr Reece
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
Mrs TullockMrs Tullock
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
Mrs ArlettMrs Arlett
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Mr and Mrs HudsonMr and Mrs Hudson
“I would just like to say the service we received with our travel insurance was excellent everything came through very quickly and a lovely email when we got back we will certainly use your s...
Travel insurance for seniors with heart conditions
Travel insurance for heart patients, as with all of our travel insurance policies, is available to travellers up to the age of 85! It is worth noting that age limits do vary by policy type. Available policy types include:
- Single trip – Best suited to someone travelling no more than once or twice a year, this policy is available to travellers aged 17 – 85.
- Multi-trip – Money wise travellers looking to travel more than twice a year, can save even more money by taking out a single trip policy. This is available to travellers between the ages of 17 – 74
- Longstay – Ideal for anyone taking a trip that is more than 91 days long. This policy is available to travellers aged 17 – 55
- Backpacking– Much like the longstay, this is best suited to anyone travelling for more than 91 days. The difference being that this policy has been stripped back to only provide the essentials. Available to travellers aged 17 – 35