Roughly 10% of the population are living with heart and circulatory disease in the UK. That’s around 7 million people! We pride ourselves on being specialist medical travel insurance providers, so providing travel insurance for common and stable heart conditions is an absolute must for us.
What cover is available when taking out a heart condition travel insurance policy?
All of our policies are specifically designed to provide affordable travel insurance policies that offer excellent cover levels. If you take out a travel insurance heart condition policy with Get Going, you can expect to see cover levels that include:
Up to £10,000,000 medical cover, including:
- Public hospital benefit
- Mobile and disability equipment replacement
- Emergency replacement of prescription medication
- If you need emergency medical attention
As well as:
- Up to £5,000 Cover for cancellation and curtailment
- Cover for outbound departure and connection
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
- Up to £2,000 for lost, stolen or damaged possessions
- Up to £250 cover for loss or theft of cash and passport
How to get Travel insurance after heart attack
If you need travel insurance after a heart attack, you can run a quote using our relatively quick and easy medical screening process. Travel insurance after a heart attack is available and we supply 100s of policies each year.
Every person’s medical history is unique and we will always do the best we can to provide cover, it is vital that you screen your medical history accurately, to ensure that your claim is not denied if you run into an emergency while away.
Why Choose Get Going?
93% of all claims paid
10,000 Medical conditions covered
24/7 Emergency assistance team
£10m Cover for emergencies
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Physical holidays with travel insurance for people with heart conditions
If you have a heart condition, a daily physical activity could be very beneficial for you. It is thought that a little physical activity can actually help reduce the risk of a repeat heart attack or worsening heart problems – it can even help you recover.
It is important that you consult your GP before signing up for days of adventure BUT if you decide you want to incorporate some adventure or physical activity into your holiday, all of our travel insurance policies for people with heart conditions are customisable, and you have the option of adding one or multiple extensions and activity packs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
New website works really well. Very quick to get quotation & then to buy the policy. Would definitely use again.
Very impressed with your medical policy. My wife developed AF and had a stroke and our travel insurers, Aviva, would not cover her for travel. We tried many firms, but Getgoing was the best and one...
I have been very pleased with you. Always have been given the best help possible, and your new site looks very nice. Thank you.
My husband is not able to travel now due to dementia, but with Get Going’s carers insurance cover I can now have a cruise and put George into a care home, but I am covered should he take ill ...
I am 84 years old with various previous medical conditions and had been looking for travel insurance for some weeks as in May I am going to Italy for a week for my grandson’s wedding. The quo...
Travel insurance for seniors with heart conditions
Travel insurance for heart patients, as with all of our travel insurance policies, is available to travellers up to the age of 85! It is worth noting that age limits do vary by policy type. Available policy types include:
- Single trip – Best suited to someone travelling no more than once or twice a year, this policy is available to travellers aged 17 – 85.
- Multi-trip – Money wise travellers looking to travel more than twice a year, can save even more money by taking out a single trip policy. This is available to travellers between the ages of 17 – 74
- Longstay – Ideal for anyone taking a trip that is more than 91 days long. This policy is available to travellers aged 17 – 55
- Backpacking– Much like the longstay, this is best suited to anyone travelling for more than 91 days. The difference being that this policy has been stripped back to only provide the essentials. Available to travellers aged 17 – 35
Children under the age of 17 travel free on all Get Going policies, when accompanied by an adult.