Disabled Travel Insurance
Travelling is typically the stressful part of the holiday (if it isn’t, we’d love to know your secret!).
We provide quick, non-invasive disabled travel insurance policies. On the www.gov.uk website, the first suggestion for anyone travelling with either a physical or mental disability is to ‘ensure you have travel insurance that is appropriate to your need’. You can read more about that here.
Get Going delivers travel insurance for disabled people at very competitive rates, to ensure that getting insured is as easy and straightforward as possible.
What is the benefit of getting travel insurance for disabilities?
If you are travelling with a disability it is very important that you declare your disability when taking out your travel insurance policy. Declaring you disability ensures you travel with the correct cover in place. If you do not declare your disability, you run the risk of having your claim denied, in the event that you need to make one. Travel with a Get Going travel insurance policy for disabilities will provide you with:
- COVID cover, now included on all policies. For more information click here
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Helpline
- 100’s of medical conditions considered and covered, often for no extra cost
- Up to £10 million in medical cover available for declared and accepted conditions
- 100+ activities covered as standard
- Available for individual travellers, couples, families and groups.
- All policies include a 14-day cooling off period – Giving you time to read your documents thoroughly and ensure the chosen single trip insurance policy is right for you.
- Take advantage of a 15% online discount, compared to our call centre prices.
- Single trip travel insurance policies are also available for staycations, allowing you to take out cover for any trip within the UK providing it is for 3 days or more.
- Exclusive discount available for at home COVID tests
Can I get travel insurance for disabled persons?
All Get Going travel insurance policies are able to cover medical conditions, so yes, you are able to get travel insurance for disabled persons.
There are a few conditions to note:
- Get Going travel insurance policies are available to UK residents only.
- Age limits vary by policy type:
- Single trip – available to travellers between the ages of 17 – 115, best suited to those only travelling once a year
- Multi-trip – available to anyone between the ages of 17 – 79, and most appropriate for anyone travelling more than twice a year
- Backpacker– accessible to anyone between the ages of 17 – 35, and travelling for more than 91 days
- Long stay – accessible to anyone between the ages of 17 – 55, who is looking to travel for more than 91 days but with a little more cover than the average backpacker.
- Children below the age of 17 can only travel with an adult above the age of 18, covered on the same policy.
Why Choose Get Going?
1000's of medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
91%* of customers would recommend to a friend
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
“Hi , I’m writing to let you know just how lovely your staff are. I had to phone yet again to alter my travel insurance due to the Corona virus, I spoke to a young lady called Monica this m...
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Declaring your condition on disability travel insurance
Declaring your condition and getting disability travel insurance couldn’t be easier. We use a very quick and easy screening system. All you need to do is enter your condition during your quote and answer a short set of questions that will be related to the condition you enter. We can then let you know whether or not we are able to offer you cover. Easy. All information shared with us is strictly confidential and is never shared with any third parties.
*Please note, Get Going’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.