Disabled Travel Insurance
Travelling is typically the stressful part of the holiday (if it isn’t, we’d love to know your secret!).
We provide quick, non-invasive disabled travel insurance policies. On the www.gov.uk website, the first suggestion for anyone travelling with either a physical or mental disability is to ‘ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance that is appropriate to your need’. You can read more about that here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/foreign-travel-for-disabled-people.
Get Going delivers travel insurance for disabled people at very competitive rates, to ensure that getting insured is as easy and straightforward as possible.
What is the benefit of getting travel insurance for disabilities?
If you are travelling with a disability it is very important that you declare your disability when taking out your travel insurance policy. Declaring you disability ensures you travel with the correct cover in place. If you do not declare your disability, you run the risk of having your claim denied, in the event that you need to make one. Travel with a Get Going travel insurance policy for disabilities will provide you with:
- Up to £10,000,000 in the event of a medical emergency
- Up to £5,000 cover for mobility and medical equipment
- Up to £250 public hospital benefit
- Up to £750 to replace emergency medication
- Up to £5,000 to cover cancellation or curtailment
- Up to £2,000 to cover lost, stolen or damaged possessions
- Up to £250 to cover lost or stolen cash
- Up to £250 to cover a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- Up to £25,000 personal accident cover
- Up to £50,000 to cover legal advice
- Up to £2,000,000 personal liability cover
Can I get travel insurance for disabled persons?
All Get Going travel insurance policies are able to cover medical conditions, so yes, you are able to get travel insurance for disabled persons.
There are a few conditions to note:
- Get Going travel insurance policies are available to UK residents only.
- Age limits vary by policy type:
- Single trip – available to travellers between the ages of 17 – 85, best suited to those only travelling once a year
- Multi-trip – available to anyone between the ages of 17 – 74, and most appropriate for anyone travelling more than twice a year
- Backpacker– accessible to anyone between the ages of 17 – 35, and travelling for more than 91 days
- Longstay – accessible to anyone between the ages of 17 – 55, who is looking to travel for more than 91 days but with a little more cover than the average backpacker.
- Children below the age of 17 can only travel with an adult above the age of 18, covered on the same policy.
Why Choose Get Going?
93% of all claims paid
10,000 Medical conditions covered
24/7 Emergency assistance team
£10m Cover for emergencies
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
Mrs ArlettMrs Arlett
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Mr and Mrs HudsonMr and Mrs Hudson
“I would just like to say the service we received with our travel insurance was excellent everything came through very quickly and a lovely email when we got back we will certainly use your s...
Mr EtheridgeMr Etheridge
I am 69 and recently contacted Get Going Insurance. The service I received was excellent; the person I dealt with spoke clearly and concisely such that I understood every word. The result is I boug...
Mrs TaylorMrs Taylor
I have used you several times now and find the site easy to use and charges are very reasonable even for people with pre-existing medical complaints. I would recommend you to anybody. Recently I h...
Ms TrusloveMs Truslove
Hi Team, Just had a fantastic two weeks in Tenerife. We had glorious weather and it was great to just chill out! Booking the travel insurance with Getgoing was a doddle – so easy to complet...
Declaring your condition on disability travel insurance
Declaring your condition and getting disability travel insurance couldn’t be easier. We use a very quick and easy screening system. All you need to do is enter your condition during your quote and answer a short set of questions that will be related to the condition you enter. We can then let you know whether or not we are able to offer you cover. Easy. All information shared with us is strictly confidential and is never shared with any third parties.