A regular travel insurance policy will not usually include cover for winter sports travel insurance. Why? Well, typically winter sports involve a level of risk that isn’t present on your average beach holiday!
So we created our winter sports extension and made it available on all policy types, allowing you to tailor the perfect policy.
If you are going on a winter sports holiday, it is essential that you add the winter sports extension when purchasing your policy. You can do this on the options page, during your quote journey.
What does winter sports insurance cover?
Between us winter sports lovers, there are two main types of people, skiers and snowboarders. Whether you require ski trip insurance or snowboarding insurance, your winter sports extension will provide cover for:
- Up to £250 to cover your pre-paid ski pack if you are unable to go on your trip
- Up to £150 if you are unable to use your ski pack while away, due to injury or illness
- As much as £250 to cover stolen winter sports equipment
- Up to £100 to cover rental charges in the event that your ski equipment is delayed
- As much as £250 to cover lost, stolen or damaged rental equipment
- As much as £100 in the event of an avalanche
- Up to £100 in the event that there is no snow
Winter sports insurance with medical conditions
You may know from flying that being at an increased altitude puts a little extra strain on the body. The added pressure of high altitude can heighten the symptoms of certain medical conditions, for example, high blood pressure and asthma.
For this reason it’s very important to accurately declare your medical conditions, even if they are stable and cause you no issues on a day-to-day basis. You should also seek medical advice before your trip, your GP will be able to advise based specifically on your circumstances.
As specialists in medical travel insurance, you can rest assured that our policies are tailored to cover specific medical needs.
Further benefits of a winter sports extension
Your winter sport insurance is an extension, so you’ll also benefit from the fantastic cover levels that our standard policies offer:
Travel Insurance for couples includes:
- Up to £5,000 cancellation and curtailment cover
- Up to £10,000,000 emergency medical cover
- As much as £250 to replace lost or stolen cash
- As much as £250 to replace lost or stolen passport
- Up to £2,000 for lost, stolen or damaged possessions
- 24/7, doctor-led emergency medical assistance
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
And loads more! All cover levels are dependent on the cover level chosen. Please see your policy wording for full details. If you plan on 2 or more winter sports trips within a 12 month period, you may benefit even more from one of our multi-trip policies.
How to stay safe on a winter sports trip
There are lots of things you can do to make sure you stay as safe as possible on your winter sports trip, including:
- Making sure you stick to the ski runs that match your ability! If you’re a beginner it might be a good idea to take part in some lessons during your trip and stick to the green and blue ski runs.
- Never drink too much before you ski! High altitude can heighten the effects of alcohol. At sea level, one drink may not have been too much for you, but you might find that things are a little different when you reach the mountain.
- Invest in good quality equipment. Lots of people opt to rent their skis, poles and helmets. That’s fine however make sure you invest in good quality, gloves, goggles, clothing and shoes. You’ll thank yourself when you get there!
Why Choose Get Going?
93% of all claims paid
10,000 Medical conditions covered
24/7 Emergency assistance team
£10m Cover for emergencies
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
Mrs ArlettMrs Arlett
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Mr and Mrs HudsonMr and Mrs Hudson
“I would just like to say the service we received with our travel insurance was excellent everything came through very quickly and a lovely email when we got back we will certainly use your s...
Mr EtheridgeMr Etheridge
I am 69 and recently contacted Get Going Insurance. The service I received was excellent; the person I dealt with spoke clearly and concisely such that I understood every word. The result is I boug...
Mrs TaylorMrs Taylor
I have used you several times now and find the site easy to use and charges are very reasonable even for people with pre-existing medical complaints. I would recommend you to anybody. Recently I h...
Ms TrusloveMs Truslove
Hi Team, Just had a fantastic two weeks in Tenerife. We had glorious weather and it was great to just chill out! Booking the travel insurance with Getgoing was a doddle – so easy to complet...
Ski Insurance UK
Our policies are available to all UK residents. We try to ensure that our policies are as flexible as possible and meet everyone’s needs. To do this, we offer the winter sports extension as an option on all of our policies and any of our cover levels.