A regular travel insurance policy will not usually include cover for winter sports travel insurance. Why? Well, typically winter sports involve a level of risk that isn’t present on your average beach holiday!
So we created our dedicated winter sports cover, which is available in single trip and multi trip policies, to suit your travel habits and budget.
If you are going on a winter sports holiday, it is essential that you select a wintersports policy when you get a quote. You can do this right at the start, when you select your trip type.
What does winter sports insurance cover?
Between us winter sports lovers, there are two main types of people, skiers and snowboarders. Whether you require ski trip insurance or snowboarding insurance, your winter sports policies will provide cover for:
- Up to £250 to cover your pre-paid ski pack if you are unable to go on your trip
- Up to £150 if you are unable to use your ski pack while away, due to injury or illness
- As much as £250 to cover stolen winter sports equipment
- Up to £100 to cover rental charges in the event that your ski equipment is delayed
- As much as £250 to cover lost, stolen or damaged rental equipment
- As much as £100 in the event of an avalanche
- Up to £100 in the event that there is no snow
Speak to a member of our team.
Having trouble finding what you are looking for?
Please click on the button below to speak to a member of our experienced and empathetic Customer Service team via Live Chat.
Winter sports insurance with medical conditions
You may know from flying that being at an increased altitude puts a little extra strain on the body. The added pressure of high altitude can heighten the symptoms of certain medical conditions, for example, high blood pressure and asthma.
For this reason, it’s very important to accurately declare your medical conditions, even if they are stable and cause you no issues on a day-to-day basis. You should also seek medical advice before your trip, your GP will be able to advise based specifically on your circumstances.
As specialists in medical travel insurance, you can rest assured that our policies are tailored to cover specific medical needs.
Further benefits of a winter sports policy
Your wintersports cover is in addition to the usual single trip and multi trip policy cover, you’ll also benefit from the fantastic cover levels that our standard policies offer:
Our standard travel insurance policies include:
- Up to £5,000 cancellation and curtailment cover
- Up to £10,000,000 emergency medical cover
- As much as £250 to replace lost or stolen cash
- As much as £250 to replace lost or stolen passport
- Up to £2,000 for lost, stolen or damaged possessions
- 24/7 emergency medical assistance team
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
And loads more! All cover levels are dependent on the level of cover chosen. Please see your policy wording for full details. If you plan on 2 or more winter sports trips within a 12 month period, you may benefit even more from one of our multi-trip policies.
How to stay safe on a winter sports trip
There are lots of things you can do to make sure you stay as safe as possible on your winter sports trip, including:
- Making sure you stick to the ski runs that match your ability! If you’re a beginner it might be a good idea to take part in some lessons during your trip and stick to the green and blue ski runs.
- Never drink too much before you ski! High altitude can heighten the effects of alcohol. At sea level, one drink may not have been too much for you, but you might find that things are a little different when you reach the mountain.
- Invest in good quality equipment. Lots of people opt to rent their skis, poles and helmets. That’s fine however make sure you invest in good quality, gloves, goggles, clothing and shoes. You’ll thank yourself when you get there. And remember, always wear a helmet!
Why Choose Get Going?
1000's of medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
91%* of customers would recommend to a friend
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
“Hi , I’m writing to let you know just how lovely your staff are. I had to phone yet again to alter my travel insurance due to the Corona virus, I spoke to a young lady called Monica this m...
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
*Please note, Get Going’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.