Get Going provides HIV travel insurance using a quick and easy medical screening process. Our customers are able to screen their medical conditions on all of our policy types.
We know that thanks to huge scientific advancement and prevention plans, a HIV positive status does not necessarily mean you are in a poor state of health.
The introduction and more widespread use of PreP treatment has dramatically reduced HIV related illnesses and allowed more people than ever with a HIV positive status to live happy, active lives.
That’s why we believe that travel insurance for HIV positive travellers, does not need to come sporting a hefty premium or any extra terms and conditions.
Cover levels on travel insurance for HIV positive travellers
Once covered you’ll have access to:
Up to £10,000,000 in case of medical emergency
- Up to £250 public hospital inconvenience benefit
- Up to £750 for emergency replacement of prescription medication
- Up to £5,000 for mobile and disability equipment
- Up to £5,000 cancellation and curtailment cover
- Cover for both outbound departure and connection
- Up to £2,000 for lost, stolen or damager possessions
- Cover for loss and theft of cash and passport
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
The cover you travel depends on your chosen cover level: Basic, standard or premier. For more information please see our cover levels page.
What extra cover is available with HIV travel insurance?
We are medical travel insurance specialists. This means that we provide cover for 1,000’s of medical conditions each year, and do so at very competitive prices.
Our extensions are built to be suitable for all policy types. If you are travelling with HIV -travel insurance you can opt for:
- Cruise extension
- Excess waiver
- Activity packs 1 – 8
- Winter sports
- Gadget extension
- Carers insurance
- Force majeure and financial failure
For a small additional fee, at the point of purchase.
Why Choose Get Going?
10,000 medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
Up to £5,000 cancellation cover per person
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Top tips for travelling with HIV
You should start by accurately declaring your medical condition(s) and ensuring you are travelling with HIV travel insurance. You can get your quote using our quick and non-invasive screening process.
Travel with your medication in your hand luggage and ensure all prescriptions are labelled correctly with your full name on. You Get Going policy will provide cover for emergency replacement medication in the event that it is lost or stolen.
Unfortunately HIV is still stigmatised in certain countries. Always research your destination and know your surrounding before you travel.
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
Mr ReeceMr Reece
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
Mrs TullockMrs Tullock
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
Mrs ArlettMrs Arlett
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Mr and Mrs HudsonMr and Mrs Hudson
“I would just like to say the service we received with our travel insurance was excellent everything came through very quickly and a lovely email when we got back we will certainly use your s...
Mr EtheridgeMr Etheridge
I am 69 and recently contacted Get Going Insurance. The service I received was excellent; the person I dealt with spoke clearly and concisely such that I understood every word. The result is I boug...
HIV travel insurance policies
Medical screening is an option on all of our policy types meaning HIV travel insurance policies come in the form of:
- Single trip – available to anyone up to the age of 85
- Multi-trip – available to anyone up to the age of 74, typically taken out by anyone expecting to travel more than twice a year
- Backpacker – available to anyone up to the age of 35 wanting a no-frills policy for an extended trip.
- Longstay – available to anyone up to the age of 55 who is planning on travelling for a period of over 31 days in a single trip.