Living with cystic fibrosis can be challenging and tiresome, despite the fact that medical advancement has brought living conditions a long way since the 1950s. Life expectancy has been increased dramatically and we have a much better understanding of the condition. Unfortunately, cystic fibrosis sufferers can still struggle with daily tasks and the health impact that cystic fibrosis brings.
Being medical travel insurance specialists means we put a lot of time and effort into understanding cystic fibrosis. We provide travel insurance for cystic fibrosis on a daily basis, to hundreds of people a year! At Get Going we believe it’s important to provide travel insurance that is catered for cystic fibrosis to ensure that the traveller is fully covered in case of a medical emergency.
Which cover levels are available on travel insurance for cystic fibrosis?
All of our policies are built to cater for 1,000’s of different medical conditions. When taking out a Get Going travel insurance policy you’ll have the choice of four different cover levels: Basic, Standard, Premier and Diamond. Depending on the cover level chosen, you could benefit from:
Some of our policy benefits include:
- Up to £10,000,000 if you need emergency medical attention – Available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Up to £5,000 to cover replacement of mobility and disability equipment
- Up to £5,000 of cover for cancellation and curtailment
- Up to £4,000 for lost, stolen and damaged possessions
- £750 cover for loss and theft of your travel documents
- Up to £2,000,000 for personal liability
- Up to £50,000 for legal advice
How to declare cystic fibrosis on your travel insurance
Organising a holiday is a stressful and time consuming task, so we wanted to take some of the fuss away and make things a little easier. We provide travel insurance for cystic fibrosis sufferers, using our quick and relatively non-invasive screening process.
Why Choose Get Going?
1000's of medical conditions covered
24/7 emergency assistance team
£10m cover for emergencies
91%* of customers would recommend to a friend
SAVE 15% BUYING ONLINE!
Tips for travelling with Cystic fibrosis
Take out the correct travel insurance! Travel insurance is essential for everyone but when travelling with a medical condition, it’s likely you’ll feel more comfortable with the knowledge that you have emergency medical assistance at the press of a button. Declare your condition during your quote and make sure you take out travel insurance for cystic fibrosis. It’s important to declare your full medical history to avoid your claim being denied in the event of a medical emergency.
- Since you’ll be taking medication with you, make sure you stock up a week or so before you go. There is a lot of planning involved in travelling, best not to leave it to a last-minute rush.
- When you stock up for your trip, be sure to request emergency exacerbation medication on hand. Travelling, especially flying, can be stressful on the body. Packing antibiotics just in case won’t be something you regret.
- You should make sure to pack all the medication you need into your hand luggage. Occasionally luggage will get lost or stolen. Get Going does offer cover for luggage, as well as emergency prescription medication, but you may not want to run the risk of being without it.
- When you arrive at the airport you can ask to pre-board. It is very unlikely an airline will deny you the right but just in case, it might be worth contacting them before you travel and checking their protocol.
Most importantly, relax. Holidays are all about enjoying yourself and having new experiences. Try your best to relax and enjoy your time away.
Frequently Asked Questions
What our customers say
“Hi , I’m writing to let you know just how lovely your staff are. I had to phone yet again to alter my travel insurance due to the Corona virus, I spoke to a young lady called Monica this m...
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
*Please note, Get Going’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.