Zero excess travel insurance is a common option for lots of traveller. Opting for the excess waiver will result in a slightly higher initial premium, however, travelling with a zero excess travel insurance policy could save you hundreds in the event that you need to make a claim.
If you would like to travel with one of Get Going’s zero excess policies, you can opt for the excess waiver, on the options page, during your quote journey.
The benefits of excess waiver travel insurance
Having the option of an excess waiver extension hands you the reigns and enables you to tailor the perfect policy.
- Travel insurance with no excess is accessible on all cover levels: Basic, Standard and Premier.
- Excess waivers can be selected alongside multiple other extensions including: Winter sports, gadget, cruise and force majeure extensions.
- All policy types can be adapted to be no excess travel insurance, including: Single Trip, Multi Trip, Longstay and Backpacker.
- Please note, the excess waiver extension will not apply to any additional medical excess which may be applied to your policy following a medical screening.
- Get Going policies excesses are applied per person in the event of a claim, for example if there are two people insured on the policy, claiming for cancellation the excess will be applied to both travellers, but with the purchase of the excess waiver extension, zero excess will apply to any claims that are submitted.
Zero excess travel insurance provides an enormous sense of security and is perfect for all trips, especially the bigger ones!
Travel Insurance with excess waiver
Deciding on the appropriate cover level should be a careful process, you need to make sure that if you do need to claim you won’t end up out of pocket. Once you’ve considered and selected the appropriate cover levels you might notice that your travel insurance excess is higher than you’d like.
If this is the case, excess waiver travel insurance is a great option. Select your chosen cover level and then when prompted opt for the excess waiver. This means paying a small, one-off fee, to waive all excess that the policy would have been subject to, leaving you with a zero excess policy and the cover levels you’re looking for. The perfect combination.
Why Choose Get Going?
Over 1000 medical conditions considered
24/7 emergency medical assistance team
£10m cover for emergency medical expenses
91% of customers would recommend to a friend
SAVE 15%* BUYING ONLINE!
Travel Insurance with no excess
Opting for a travel insurance policy with no excess will typically mean purchasing at a slightly higher premium, however, travel insurance with no excess can result in a saving of hundreds in the event of a claim.
Do I need no excess travel insurance?
|Policy||With Excess||No Excess|
|Benefits||Less expensive premium and no additional costs upfront||In the event of a claim, no extra costs will need to be paid meaning you will receive the entire payout.|
|Drawbacks||In the event of a claim the excess will have to be paid, depending on the policy this could be £100s||Higher initial premium costs|
What our customers say
“Hi , I’m writing to let you know just how lovely your staff are. I had to phone yet again to alter my travel insurance due to the Corona virus, I spoke to a young lady called Monica this m...
“Very satisfied, I will contact you before our next holiday which we hope to arrange in September.”
“Had to change holiday date and all completed with ease with a quick phone call. At NO EXTRA cost what a nice change well done.”
“Unfortunately had to cancel cruise to Alaska due to husband’s sudden illness 6 days before due to go. Once I set the ball rolling for an insurance claim and received necessary document...
“I don’t normally leave feedback but after dealing with Paul I have to commend you on an excellent service. It was a pleasure to deal with a polite competent person who sorted out my qu...
Frequently Asked Questions
*Please note, Get Going’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.